Corporate Runaways is the travel blog that Kay and I keep of our journeys. We’ve blogged five trips:
- Boston to Ushuaia: Kay and I travel on two BMW F650GS motorcycles from Boston to the bottom of the world – Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego. In four months, we covered ~18,000 miles, made new friends, ate many tasty foods, and had excellent adventures. We’re working toward another big trip like this, but without a deadline or plan to return home at the end.
- Boston to Colorado: Kay and I load the dogs into a Ural sidecar motorcycle and take off cross-country for a BMW F650GS meetup in Colorado. Dogs + sidecar motorcycle = entertainment.
- Boston to Nova Scotia: Still trying to make the Ural work, Kay and I take a smaller 16-day trip the following year to Nova Scotia with the dogs in the sidecar. Spoiler alert: it rains. A lot. As much as we (mostly I) love motorcycling, this trip made us decide a different method of travel might be appropriate.
- Boston to Arizona: Kay and I attempt to get to Overland Expo in Arizona in our 1981 VW Vanagon camper van. All does not go according to plan. (Only a few blog posts – we didn’t blog this trip well.)
- Boston to California: Kay and I load the dogs into the much more reliable Subaru Outback, and take off for a good old road trip across the United States. I finally visit the few states I haven’t seen yet (including the entire West Coast) and have a misadventure with a wisdom tooth infection.