a few Words About Me
Hello. I’m Dachary Carey. I write stuff. It’s my thing.
Also, I love coffee.
Good coffee, though. None of this mass-produced Dunkin’ Donuts swill. (Yes, I live in New England and am well-aware of the blasphemy in that statement. I stand by it.)
The amount of stuff I write may be in direct proportion to the amount of coffee I’ve had today.
We have two dogs. I talk about them – maybe a little more than I should. If you follow me on social media, be warned: I’ll post the occasional obligatory dog pic.
Still here? Ok. On to the slightly more boring stuff:
I’m a professional writer. I’ve been writing for over 18 years, and I quit my day job to do it professionally nearly 15 years ago. Wow. I’m getting old.
I write about lots of stuff. ALL THE THINGS. Curious? Just Google my name. No, seriously. I’m everywhere.
I used to keep a portfolio of my work on my website, but the availability of the sources kept changing, which made lots of broken links… that didn’t make anyone happy.
If you really need some examples:
- Technical writing, such as procedure guides, enterprise SaaS app software documentation, spec documents, and online help portals
- Developer-focused documentation, including API docs
- Lots of legal writing
- Far too much writing for the funeral industry
- Writing about precious metals
- Investment topics
- Ghostwriting business books
- Fashion writing (I was actually the world’s foremost expert on bras a few years ago)
My specialty is quickly understanding difficult or technical topics, and then finding an accessible way to communicate them to non-technical readers.
If you have an interesting project, feel free to contact me. Clearly I’m willing to take on far too many interesting projects for my own good.